Immigration, sport and school. A review of the state of the art
- Carter Thuillier, Bastián - Lopez Pastor, Victor Manuel - Gallardo Fuentes, Francisco
- Datos de publicación:
- RETOS-NUEVAS TENDENCIAS EN EDUCACION FISICA DEPORTE Y RECREACION,Vol.,19-24,2017
- Emigration and Immigration - School - Physical Education - Sport
- Migración Web of Science 
- This paper aims to analyze and explain the relationship between immigration, sport and school, examining the educational possibilities offered by the convergence of these three elements from the formal educational setting. It develops a discussion based on different theoretical background. The review has been carried out in different databases and sources of international indexing: WOS, SCOPUS, ERIC, SCIELO, DIALNET, REDALYC, SPORTDISCUS and GOOGLE SCHOLAR, also specialized books in the field. The review indicates the existence of different theoretical approaches related to immigration, sport and social interaction, especially in relation to immigration and social integration in school. Furthermore, this research describes the advantages and disadvantages, found in the literature, on sports practices as tools for social integration and inclusion, as well as for educational development. In the relationship between educational sport and immigration is precisely where we find the greatest amount of theoretical background and useful lessons. In the conclusions some final remarks on the topic investigated are given, as well as practical implications associated with intervention processes and possible future studies.