Aqueous and methanol extracts of Berberis darwinii H. (Berberidaceae) inhibit innate celular responses in human monocytes in vitro treated
- Alarcon, David - Paredes, Marco - Ramos, Daniela - González Alfaro, Katerina - Díaz Harris, Ramiro - Nunez, Daniela
- Datos de publicación:
- BOLETIN LATINOAMERICANO Y DEL CARIBE DE PLANTAS MEDICINALES Y AROMATICAS,Vol.13,81-91,2014
- Berberis darwinii H - macrophage - TNF-alpha - IL-1 beta
- Migración Web of Science 
- Berberis darwinii H is a native plant of South America, popularly referred to Michay. This species has historically been used by indigenous cultures of Chile as medicinal herb. To preliminarily assess their anti-inflammatory effects was investigated the aqueous and methanolic root extract this plant in human monocytes. The results indicated that the extracts inhibit the production of superoxide anion, the expression of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and interleukin-1-beta (IL-1 beta) in monocytes activated with lipopolysaccharide. This result suggests the existence of compounds with potential anti-inflammatory action in these extracts.