DESIGN AND VALIDATION OF THE SOCCER TACTICAL KNOWLEDGE TEST (STKT)
- Serra Olivares, Jaime - Garcia-Lopez, L. M.
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA INTERNACIONAL DE MEDICINA Y CIENCIAS DE LA ACTIVIDAD FISICA Y DEL DEPORTE,Vol.16,,2016
- tactical knowledge - declarative and procedural knowledge - teaching games for understanding - soccer
- Migración Web of Science 
- The purpose of the present study was to determine the validity of a tactical knowledge assessment test in soccer. Seven experts reviewed the instrument and 465 children aged 8 to 14 years completed the test. The experts' opinion (100% agreement), internal consistency (alpha=.87), Test-retest correlation (r=.75), and the correlations between the soccer tactical knowledge and the external criterion of soccer coaches (r=. 46, p<.01), showed reasonable evidence for assessing the test reliability. The sport context was determinant on the tactical knowledge (p<.01), supporting construct and concurrent validity. These results verify the validity of this instrument for assessing soccer tactical knowledge in young beginners who are starting to practice team sports.