Validation Strategies of Competences in a Computer Science Curriculum
- Lévano Huamaccto, Marcos - Herrera Gamboa, Oriel - IEEE
- Datos de publicación:
- 2012 31ST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE CHILEAN COMPUTER SCIENCE SOCIETY (SCCC 2012),Vol.,9-11,2012
- competency-based training - education - learning
- Migración Web of Science 
- The competences-based training arises from the company as an educational strategy that addresses the shortcoming claimed by the labor market, in relation to the poor development of many skills in computer science engineers. Some strategies that allow to validate soft skills in a competency-based educative model for a computer science curriculum are described. The preliminary results report retention rates of 77.66% in the first year and 81.66% in the second year, and the pass rates of the first year was 56.12% and 69.10% in the second year.