BELIEFS OF VARIOUS EDUCATIONAL ACTORS ABOUT THE CULTURAL DIVERSITY OF FOREIGNERS
- Huaiquian Billeke, Claudia - Gomez Oliva, Patricio - Leiva Leiva, Camila
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA INCLUSIONES,Vol.6,110-140,2019
- Beliefs - Cultural diversity - Interculturality - Curiosity - Love - Educate - Live togethe
- Migración Web of Science 
- The arrival of foreign students to educational centres conveys a professional challenge to all members of educational communities. Moreover, a change in education is needed so it would orientate the kind of person studying to face a globalised society which changes continuously. The professionals who work with cultural diversity lack the formation in suitable competences for their educational labour. During a qualitative investigation, in which educators' beliefs from two educational centres in Temuco were collected using semi-structured interviews. The obtained results show that these professionals are worried about prejudices generated among families whose children share classrooms with foreign students.