Interculturality in higher education: experience in preschool education in La Araucania, Chile
- Morales Saavedra, Soledad - Quintriqueo Millán, Segundo - Andrea Uribe-Sepulveda, Pilar - Arias-Ortega, Katerin
- Datos de publicación:
- CONVERGENCIA-REVISTA DE CIENCIAS SOCIALES,Vol.,55-76,2018
- intercultural - intercultural educational approach - initial teacher training - education and childhood - Mapuche educational knowledge
- Migración Web of Science 
- The objective of the article is to present results of the experience developed in the processes of initial teacher training. The investigation maintains that in the indigenous Mapuche families and communities present in Chile, there is knowledge associated with socio-cultural practices, which would allow supporting a Nursery Education, from an intercultural educational approach, with an epistemic basis in the social memory of parents and sages. The main results reveal key themes in the training, regarding knowledge for intercultural education for children under six years, strengthening communication and work with family and community.