Dataset: Ecosystem services and uses of dune systems of the coast of the Araucania Region, Chile: A perception study
- Arevalo-Valenzuela, Pablo - Pena-Cortes, Fernando - Pincheira-Ulbrich, Jimmy
- Datos de publicación:
- DATA IN BRIEF,Vol.35,,2021
- Dune fields - Interviews - Ecosystem services - Indigenous communities - Local actors -
- Migración Web of Science 
- The dataset shows the relationship and valuation of the coastal dunes of the Araucania region in Chile. The valuation of the local population was surveyed using a questionnaire applied to 49 subjects belonging to Mapuche communities and local government. The data consists of eight tables that show a list of questions, the number of times per year that visit the dunes, cultural practices carried out in the dunes, valuation of ecosystem services provided by the coastal dunes, and knowledge about flora and fauna. Lastly, the original questionnaire and its responses in Spanish and English are included in supplemantary material. This dataset was generated within the framework of the manuscript 'Ecosystem services and uses of dune systems of the coast of the Araucania Region, Chile: a perception study' where 23 leaders of Mapuche communities and 26 representatives of the local government were interviewed. The dataset can be used to compare the valuation of ecosystems by local communities, especially when quantitative data are scarce or do not exist. (C) 2021 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Inc.