Educational Relationship Between Teacher and Traditional Educator in Bilingual Intercultural Education
- Arias-Ortega, Katerin - Quintriqueo, Segundo
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA ELECTRONICA DE INVESTIGACION EDUCATIVA,Vol.23,,2021
- interethnic relationship - traditional knowledge - educational methods -
- Migración Web of Science 
- The objective of this article is to outline the challenges in the educational relationship between mentor teachers and traditional educators in the implementation of bilingual intercultural education (EIB, in Spanish) in Araucania, Chile. These challenges concern the inclusion of epistemic contributions from Mapuche educational knowledge, methods and wisdom in teaching the Mapuche language and culture in EIB. Establishing links between academic and Mapuche epistemic contributions enables an intercultural educational relationship defined by mutual engagement to move toward a dialogue of inter-epistemic knowledge in school. The study employs educational research based on a mixed-method methodological complementarity approach. The results reveal a Mapuche educational knowledge base present in the social memory of traditional educators, which it is appropriate to integrate into the school curriculum from an intercultural educational approach.