Pharmacogenomics of vitamin K antagonists
- Guzman Oyarzo, Neftali - Vega, Mario - Reyes, Franco - Guzman-Oyarzo, Dina - Andaur Rademacher, Marcela - Boguen, Rodrigo - Letelier, Pablo
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA MEDICA DE CHILE,Vol.148,1307-1314,2020
- Anticoagulants - Coumarins - Pharmacogenomic Variants
- Migración Web of Science 
- There is an important interindividual variability in dose requirement for coumarinic anticoagulants, which could be explained by genetic and non-genetic factors. Among hereditary factors, there are gene polymorphisms that code the therapeutic target and the main enzyme responsible for their metabolism. However, there are other candidate genes that could modulate dose requirements. The is a paucity of pharmacogenomic platforms to determine dose requirements of coumarinics in the Chilean population. Therefore, algorithms considering different variables to adjust individual dosages are required. Herein, we analyze the available evidence about factors that can modify the effects of vitamin K antagonists and that should be incorporated to dosing algorithms.