Democracy, Sports and Human well-being: Citizen participation and the construction of an Open Society in the current City
- Estay Sepúlveda, Juan - Lagomarsino Montoya, Mario - Cabezas Caceres, Carolina - Veliz Burgos, Alex - Carter Beltran, Juan Luis
- Datos de publicación:
- DILEMAS CONTEMPORANEOS-EDUCACION POLITICA Y VALORES,Vol.6,,2018
- Democracy - sport - open society
- Migración Web of Science 
- Democracy and Sport are fundamental pillars for the development of the human being and these two concepts and forms of life are indissoluble in physical activity. From the sporting practices in ancient Greece to the present day that spirit is present and it is the one that must be instilled and deepened in the present society. The maximum mens sana in corpore sano is transferred to the polis: a healthy polis leads to a healthy person and this, to a healthy society, society that in the third millennium of humanity, is full of individualistic and selfish challenges.