Collaborative Self-Study: stages, conditions of critical friendship and learning about training
- Nocetti de la Barra, Alejandra - Orrego Lepe, Claudia - Silva Pena, Ilich - Santibanez Gomez, David - Flores Gonzalez, Marianella - Gutierrez Villegas, Marlene - Moreno Tello, Pablo - Gonzalez Saez, Romina
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA IBEROAMERICANA DE EDUCACION,Vol.82,99-119,2020
- teacher educators - qualitative analysis - Chile - intellectual cooperation
- Migración Web of Science 
- In this article, we describe a collaborative Self-Study carried out by teacher educators who intentionally examined their teaching of reflection. The research purpose was to approach the stages of this method of reflective and critical style on the 'self,' the conditions of critical friendship and learning in the formation of teacher educators. We examined the teaching of reflection in practical courses in two Chilean university institutions, constituting collaborative pair-work; where one of the members developed the Self-Study and the other was the one who played the role of a critical friend. Besides, interuniversity meetings were held and the results, difficulties, and preliminary conclusions discussed. We analyzed the exchanges of emails, journal notes, recorded conversations, filming in class, and discussions of the work couples and the interuniversity group. As a result, we found that there were distinctions upon the methodological point of view when facing the different stages of the Self-Study development, besides the importance of the construction of critical friendship for the development of this type of research emerged as essential - finally, findings regarding the learning experience as teacher educators as well as the learning from the students perspective arose.