Learning and teaching: Pre-service EFL teachers' beliefs
- Tagle Ochoa, Tania - Diaz Larenas, Claudio - Alarcon Hernandez, Paola - Quintana Lara, Marcela - Ramos Leiva, Lucia - Etchegaray Pezo, Paulo
- Datos de publicación:
- PAGINAS DE EDUCACION,Vol.10,64-90,2017
- beliefs - teaching - learning - foreign language - teacher training
- Migración Web of Science 
- The purpose of this study was to identify beliefs in relation to teaching and learning held by pre-service EFL teachers from two Chilean universities. The participants were 180 students from first, third and fifth year. Quantitative research methodology and a descriptive-comparative design were implemented. The technique used to gather data was an inventory focused on beliefs regarding teaching and learning (Tagle, 2008). Analysis of variance and post hoc tests were employed to analyze the data. The results show statistically significant differences among the first, and third and fifth year participants in eight out of twelve teaching dimensions included in the inventory. A potential change was identified in prospective teachers' beliefs, which is associated with their undergraduate training process.