PERFORMANCE OF A REAL CODED GENETIC ALGORITHM FOR THE CALIBRATION OF SCALAR CONSERVATION LAWS
- Berres, Stefan - Coronel, A. - Lagos, R. - Sepulveda, M.
- Datos de publicación:
- ANZIAM JOURNAL,Vol.58,51-77,2016
- real coded genetic algorithm - parameter identification - scalar conservation laws - flux identification - sedimentation
- Migración Web of Science 
- This paper deals with the flux identification problem for scalar conservation laws. The problem is formulated as an optimization problem, where the objective function compares the solution of the direct problem with observed profiles at a fixed time. A finite volume scheme solves the direct problem and a continuous genetic algorithm solves the inverse problem. The numerical method is tested with synthetic experimental data. Simulation parameters are recovered approximately. The tested heuristic optimization technique turns out to be more robust than classical optimization techniques.