Habits and behaviours related to the health in adolescents during their leisure time
- Gil Madrona, Pedro - Prieto Ayuso, Alejandro - Dos Santos Silva, Sheila Aparecida - Serra Olivares, Jaime - Aguilar Jurado, Miguel Angel - Diaz Suarez, Arturo
- Datos de publicación:
- ANALES DE PSICOLOGIA,Vol.35,140-147,2019
- Health - Leisure activity - Education - Consumer - Narcotic (UNESCO Thesaurus)
- Migración Web of Science 
- This research attempts to determine which are the common practices related to the participation in sport and physical activities within the consumption of harmful substances in adolescents. A descriptive, correlational and transversal design was performed. A total of 1,140 subjects participated in the study (Mean age: 18.75 +/- 6.35 years old; gender: male 46.7%, female 53.3%), of wich 790 were undergraduates and 350 non-undergraduates from the autonomous community of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain). It was used the Evaluation Questionnaire of the Habits related to the Health (Gil-Madrona, Gonzalez-Villora, Pastor-Vicedo, & Fernandez-Bustos, 2010). Descriptive analysis revealed that a high percentage of adolescents do not practice sport regularly. The differential analysis showed significant statistical values which relates the sport habit with the tobacco, alcohol and/or drugs consumption. It was concluded that the design and development of programmes which foster physical activity are a need.