Hygiene and health in the province of Nuble: cholera epidemic in the city of Chillan(1880-1900)
- Parada Ulloa, Marcos - Estay Sepúlveda, Juan - Moreno Leyva, German - Veliz Burgos, Alex - Mansilla Sepúlveda, Juan - Monteverde Sanchez, Alessandro
- Datos de publicación:
- MEDISUR-REVISTA DE CIENCIAS MEDICAS DE CIENFUEGOS,Vol.18,58-72,2020
- hygiene - environmental salubrity - sanitation - epidemics - cholera - Chile
- Migración Web of Science 
- The purpose of this study is to analyze the cholera epidemic in the city of Chillan, Chile, which allows assessing the city's hygiene and urban health practices carried out by the authorities in the period 1880-1900. This epidemic was an important case, which mainly affected the popular sectors located in the city outskirts. Authorities tried to carry out hygiene and health strategies aimed at educating the population and improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.