Size overlap in intertidal decapod communities along the chilean coast
- De Los Ríos Escalante, Patricio - Figueroa Muñoz, Guillermo - Retamal, Marco A. - Vega Aguayo, Rolando - Esse, Carlos
- Datos de publicación:
- SCIENTIA MARINA,Vol.84,151-154,2020
- intertidal decapods - rocky shore - null models - size overlap
- Migración Web of Science 
- The intertidal crustaceans on the Chilean coast are characterized by high diversity and niche specialization. The present study applied a size overlap null model for intertidal decapod communities at four different sites on the Chilean coast. The results revealed that there is a size overlap for the four sites, though body size is significantly different for each location. This means that the reported species would share their ecological niches. The results agree with the first classic environmental descriptions for Chilean intertidal decapods at a local scale and support the observations for similar species on the southern Pacific and southern Atlantic coasts.