INJURIES AND FATALITIES CAUSED BY ACCIDENTS OF DIVING IN CHILE BETWEEN 2000 TO 2012
- Pereira Berrios, R. - Veliz Burgos, A. - Estay Sepúlveda, Juan - D'Armas Renauld, M. - Dorner Paris, A.
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF SPORT AND HEALTH RESEARCH,Vol.11,129-138,2019
- Diving - diving - risky areas of work injuries
- Migración Web of Science 
- It is sought to establish the profile and typology of the diving injuries that occurred in Chile. It was considered injury accidents of different severity of 522 professional and sport divers. The range of age with increased frequency of injuries was a 40.5% of cases for the 40-50 age group. Registration basic flamingos presented the highest percentage in the different types of severity of lesions with an 87.7%. The month of December of each year presented the highest frequency of injuries. The main causes of injuries were by acute illness by inadequate decompression with 286 cases. Dip submitted more cases resulting in death. The results indicate that the divers are still povreda and still missing preventive responses and interdisciplinary programs to decrease accident rates and mortality rates.