POSTHISPANIC LITHICS FROM THE VALDIVIA AREA
- Munita, Doina - Mera, Rodrigo - Stern, Charles
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA DE ARQUEOLOGIA HISTORICA ARGENTINA Y LATINOAMERICANA,Vol.12,83-115,2018
- Historical archaeology - mapuche post-hispanic lithic - historical lithic - Colonial period - Valdivia
- Migración Web of Science 
- Posthispanic lithic assemblages known for Central-Southern Chile are reviewed pointing to the need to make clearer these categories and create the methodological basis for starting the construction of such studies. In particularly we consider the analysis of lithic artifacts registered in one of the archaeological nodes operationally defined as part of a research project that takes as its central point the Fort San Luis de Alba, located in the area of the Cruces river in the province of Valdivia. Differences and continuities of pre- and post-contact industries are discussed, considering ideas and a simple scheme in with which to confront Mapuche-williche and Hispanic assemblages.