Dynamic geomorphology of the coast of La Araucania
- Pena Cortes, Fernando - Limpert, Carlos - Andrade, Elias - Hauenstein Barra, Enrique - Tapia, Jaime - Bertran, Carlos - Vargas Chacoff, Luis
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA DE GEOGRAFIA NORTE GRANDE,Vol.,241-260,2014
- Coastal geomorphology - hydric erosion - geomorphological units - morphometric - morphogenesis and cultural landscape
- Migración Web of Science 
- This paper describes the geomorphology of the coast of La Araucania, using methods proposed by Tricart (1985) End licher (1985) and the classification methods of Francke et al. (2004). Based on morphological, morphometric, morphogenetic and land use patterns, the most representative geomorphic units were the mountain range of metamorphic rock, cord metamorphic rock mountain with granite intrusions, both Paleozoic, the metamorphic rock platform and the fluvial-marine plain represented by wetlands of high ecological value. Water erosion was low to moderate in much of the study area and is mainly associated with human factors, such as the historic reduction and change in vegetation cover, poor agricultural practices and almost no application of soil conservation practices.