Confluent hypergeometric slashed-Rayleigh distribution: Properties, estimation and applications
- Olmos, Neveka M. - Venegas, Osvaldo - Gomez, Yolanda M. - Iriarte, Yuri A.
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF COMPUTATIONAL AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS,Vol.368,,2020
- Confluent hypergeometric - Slashed-Rayleigh distribution - Rayleigh distribution - Kurtosis - EM algorithm
- Migración Web of Science 
- This article proposes a new distribution, the Confluent hypergeometric slashed-Rayleigh distribution. The new distribution can be seen as an alternative to the slashed-Rayleigh distribution. It arises as quotient of two independent random variables, one being a Rayleigh distribution in the numerator the other a square root of the beta distribution in the denominator. Several structural properties (such as the density function, hazard rate function and moments) are derived. Parameters estimation is performed based on the moment and maximum likelihood methods. Finally, two applications are presented in which the utility of the new model in the analysis of real data is illustrated. (C) 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.