Development of an estimative model for the optimal tack coat dosage based on aggregate gradation of hot mix asphalt pavements
- Raposeiras, A. C. - Rojas Mora, J. - Piffaut, E. - Movilla Quesada, D. - Castro Fresno, D.
- Datos de publicación:
- CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS,Vol.118,1-10,2016
- Tack coat - Aggregate gradation - Macro-texture - Optimal dosage - Shear strength
- Migración Web of Science 
- In this work the performance of tack coats on asphalt pavement layers is analysed. Adjustment models based on experimental measurements were implemented, relating surface layer macro-texture and aggregate content larger than 8 mm. The best fits were obtained with a Gompertz model, which follows the expected physical macro-texture changes outside the test range. Shear strength was analysed, through prediction curves of each evaluated tack coat dosage, with an optimum tack coat performance for aggregate contents larger than 8 mm between 45% and 50%, and no relevant influence of the tack coat dosage used. (C) 2016 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.