Slashed Moment Exponential Distribution
- Iriarte, Yuri A. - Astorga, Juan M. - Venegas, Osvaldo - Gomez, Hector W.
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF STATISTICAL THEORY AND APPLICATIONS,Vol.16,354-365,2017
- Exponentiated moment exponential distribution - kurtosis - moment exponential distribution - slashed moment exponential distribution
- Migración Web of Science 
- In this article, we introduce a new class of slash distribution, the slashed moment exponential distribution. The proposed distribution can be seen as an extension of the moment exponential distribution proposed in Dara and Ahmad (2012). This extension is more flexible than the moment exponential distribution in terms of kurtosis of distribution. It arises as the ratio of two independent random variables, a moment exponential distribution in the numerator and a power of uniform distribution in the denominator. We study some probability properties, discuss moment and maximum likelihood estimations and derive the reliability function and hazard function. Finally, we present two real data applications indicating that the new distribution can improve the moment exponential and exponentiated moment exponential distributions in fitting real data.