Nesting of the Rufous-tailed Hawk Buteo ventralis on a rocky wall in southern Chile
- Norambuena, Heraldo V. - Zamorano, Solange - Muñoz Pedreros, Andrés
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA BRASILEIRA DE ORNITOLOGIA,Vol.21,124-125,2013
- nest - breeding - behavior - Rufous-tailed Hawk - temperate forest
- Migración Web of Science 
- We report the first record of nesting of the Rufous-tailed Hawk (Buteo ventralis Gould) on a rocky substrate. The nest was recorded in southern Chile, on the west coast of South America. It was a platform 50 cm wide and 80 cm high, built with branches of the roble (Nothofagus obliqua), on a rocky wall about 30 m above the ground.