ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF JOURNALS IN THE FIELD OF SPORTS SCIENCE: AN ANALYSIS WITH A GENDER PERSPECTIVE
- Ganga-Contreras, F. - Suarez-Amaya, W. - Viancos-Gonzalez, P. - Garrido Osses, Sandra
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF SPORT AND HEALTH RESEARCH,Vol.11,193-206,2019
- Governance of organizations - trends in research - scientific journals - gender in academia - organizational design
- Migración Web of Science 
- The structure of an organization is no more than the support on which such organizations are built, that is, the foundation on which the goals of any type of institution are projected. Scientific journals do not escape this reality. The purpose of this paper is to describe the way in which these means of spreading knowledge are structured within the field of Sports Sciences, specifically from a gender perspective. This is a documentary research; a comparative analysis of a sample of 127 journals that are found in Web of Science and Scopus databases. The main results allowed to identify half a dozen hierarchical levels, with a large number of denominations to the corresponding post. In addition, the hegemony of the English language is proven, together with clear gender inequality in favor of the men who hold the respective positions.