Use of Historical Sources and Excavation and Registration Techniques in a Case of Urban Archaeology in Cordoba, Argentina
- Marschoff, Maria - Lindskoug, Henrik B.
- Datos de publicación:
- ARQUEOLOGIA IBEROAMERICANA,Vol.45,43-54,2020
- Mechanical excavation - record standardization - historical documentation - contract archaeology
- Migración Web of Science 
- In this article, we discuss some of the methodological approaches and techniques employed in an archaeological assessment carried out in 2017 and 2018 in the city of Cordoba, Argentina. In this urban space, and within the framework of a private company financed assessment, we implemented an open area excavation using the single context recording system developed by the Museum of London Archaeological Service (MOLAS) and the Harris Matrix to register the different contexts. The combination of material and documentary information as well as an early processing of the data generated in the field, and standardized recording methods, allowed us to employ mechanical methods of excavation in different stages of the fieldwork.