Proposal for a multidisciplinary assessment of talented football players
- Serra Olivares, Jaime - Prieto-Ayuso, Alejandro - Carlos Pastor-Vicedo, Juan - Gonzalez-Villora, Sixto
- Datos de publicación:
- RETOS-NUEVAS TENDENCIAS EN EDUCACION FISICA DEPORTE Y RECREACION,Vol.,782-789,2020
- expertise - assessment - dynamical ecology - tactics - sport
- Migración Web of Science 
- Given the limitations of the traditional perspective of talent assessment in sport, new instruments of performance analysis are necessary to facilitate the transferability to training and competition of the information reported. In this sense, the multidisciplinary approach of assessment, based on the dynamic ecological theories, would be an indispensable methodology for the contextualized analysis of sport performance variables. In this regard, this paper presents a proposal of some instruments designed under this approach. Four tools are described for: (i) talented young players' identification and selection processes, (ii) analysis of tactical knowledge, (iii) integrated assessment of physical performance and, (iv) Decision making and technical-tactical execution evaluation. The use of this kind of assessment instruments and processes will allow a better quality approach to the understanding of the factors that are influencing talent and performance in football.