Fairy shrimp (Branchiopoda : Anostraca) of Chile
- Rogers, D. Christopher - De los Rios, Patricio - Zuniga, Oscar
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF CRUSTACEAN BIOLOGY,Vol.28,543-550,2008
- Atacama - Branchinecta papillata - Chile - Patagonia
- Migración Web of Science 
- Portions of Chile were surveyed for Anostraca. Including the two species of Artemia previously reported from Chile, we found 5 new localities and range extensions for 5 species of Branchinecta. Previous studies on Chilean Anostraca have focused on Artemia, and although Branchinecta was previously reported in Antarctica close to Chilean Air Force installations, and in a few temporal ponds in Southern Patagonia, the species were never determined. Brief habitat descriptions, as well as conservation status, and identification keys are presented and discussed. Additionally, we describe a new species from the Atacama Desert, Branchinecta papillata n. sp.