A checklist of non-marine crustaceans from Chilean oceanic islands
- De los Rios-Escalante, Patricio - Ibáñez Arancibia, Eliana - Perez-Schultheiss, Jorge
- Datos de publicación:
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE BIOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF WASHINGTON,Vol.131,47-52,2018
- copepods - cladocerans - peracarids - Easter Island - Juan Fernandez Islands
- Migración Web of Science 
- The crustaceans of non-marine environments on Chilean oceanic islands have been poorly studied, principally due to their geographical isolation and difficult access. The aim of this study is to present a checklist of non-marine (non-hexapod) crustaceans on Chilean oceanic islands based on a review of the literature, with hopes of stimulating further research on this poorly known fauna. The checklist includes records of 27 species from Easter Island and the Juan Fernandez Island archipelago, and reveals an absence of records from Sala y Gomez, San Ambrosio, and San Felix Islands.