Video Game Script Design for Stability Assessment of Critical Physical Infrastructure Affected by Disasters
- Aldunate Vera, Roberto - Herrera Gamboa, Oriel - Lévano Huamaccto, Marcos - GarciaChamizo, JM - Fortino, G - Ochoa, SF
- Datos de publicación:
- UBIQUITOUS COMPUTING AND AMBIENT INTELLIGENCE: SENSING, PROCESSING, AND USING ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION,Vol.9454,492-498,2015
- Critical physical infrastructure - Disaster response - Video game
- Migración Web of Science 
- Effective and efficient assessment of structural stability of critical physical infrastructure affected by a disaster is a key task during disaster response. However, real world training of staff performing this task is an operationally complex and expensive activity. This work presents a framework for the development of video games to improve the training of structural engineers on this assessment task. Preliminary results suggest that the approach taken by this initiative is valid and promising.