Electronic effects of donor and acceptor substituents on dipyrido(3,2-a : 2 ',3 '-c)phenazine (dppz)
- Arancibia, A - Concepcion, J - Daire, N - Leiva, G - Leiva, AM - Loeb, B - Del Rio, R - Diaz, R - Francois, A - Saldivia, M
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF COORDINATION CHEMISTRY,Vol.54,323-336,2001
- electron effects - theory - donor substituents - acceptor substituents - ligand properties
- Migración Web of Science 
- The chelate ligands 11-R-dipyrido[3,2-a:2,3'-c]phenazine, dppz-R (R = NH2, CH3, H, COOH, NO2) and the Re(dppz-R)(CO)(3)Cl (R = NH2, COOH, NO2) complexes were synthesized and characterized by conventional techniques. The influence of the donor and acceptor properties of the R substituents on the ligand properties were studied by spectroscopic techniques such as H-1-NMR and UV-Vis. Theoretical calculations were also achieved, mainly to interpret and understand the experimental spectra.