BARRIERS TO ICT INTEGRATION IN INTERDISCIPLINARY ARTICULATION THROUGH PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- Cabrera Ramos, Juan Francisco - Alamos Vasquez, Paula Alejandra - Alvarez Alvarez, Ariane - Lagos Rebolledo, Patricio
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF SPORT AND HEALTH RESEARCH,Vol.11,1-12,2019
- Information and Communication Technologies - Integration of ICT - Interdisciplinary approach - Physical Education - Teaching Staff
- Migración Web of Science 
- There is wide recognition of the potential of Physical Education in the interdisciplinary articulation. There is also recognized the potential of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in the transformation of the educational process. Nevertheless, there is limited reference to interdisciplinary articulation through Physical Education and ICT. The objective of the present study is to identify the barriers to the integration of ICT in the interdisciplinary articulation through Physical Education in various levels of the educational system. An instrumental case study is carried out, on a socio-constructivist approach, on four educational institutions. open interviews, participant observation, documentary review, and surveys were used. Barriers related to time, technological availability, formalization, recognition, fears, training, expectations and lack of success references were found. ICT has a favourable impact on interdisciplinary work through Physical Education, but for this purpose, specific strategic actions are needed to serve as catalysts for the integration of ICT in the process of interdisciplinary articulation. The result is coherent with previous research on the attitude of teachers towards ICT and on the interdisciplinary articulation through Physical Education.