DISCIPLINARY CONSTRUCTION OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION, EFFECTS ON A CULTURALLY DIVERSE REGION: LA ARAUCANIA
- Rivera Gutiérrez, Catalina - Henriquez Alvear, Luis
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA INCLUSIONES,Vol.5,174-194,2018
- Physical Education - La Araucania - Disciplinary construction - Gymnastics
- Migración Web of Science 
- The present work is aimed at studying the disciplinary construction of Physical Education subject in Chile, focused in La Araucania region, considering its relationship and effects on the indigenous population in the region just mentioned. This is proposed from the characteristics of cultural and social diversity present in Mapuche population in La Araucania, which in the past has developed playful, motion and sport activities which have not been considered in the Chilean educational system. For this study, scientific, historical and regulation documentation involved in the construction of Physical Education subject in Chile has been considered, and significant periods in its configuration as a subject have been analyzed. Furthermore, a reflection has been done from specialized historical literature which explains the motion, playful and sport relationships proper from Mapuche culture. This is related as well to documentation associated to national curriculum of Physical Education. It is concluded that from foreign medical-hygienic, gymnastic and sport influences, indigenous population has not been historically considered from the point of view of this subject. Physical Education has always had a civilizing, moralizing and normalizing role on general population.