A Gamification Approach to Improve Motivation on an Initial Programming Course
- Diaz, Sebastian - Diaz, Jaime - Ahumada, Danay - DuranFaundez, C - Lefranc, G - FernandezFernandez, M - Munoz, C - Rubio, E
- Datos de publicación:
- 2018 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AUTOMATION/XXIII CONGRESS OF THE CHILEAN ASSOCIATION OF AUTOMATIC CONTROL (ICA-ACCA),Vol.,,2018
- STEM - Engineering Education - Computer Science Education - Pervasive Computing - Gamification
- Migración Web of Science 
- Gamification is the use of game elements to engage the audience in non-ludics environments. This work describes a proposal based on gamification called 'Marketplace' and its implementation in a formal programming course for engineering education in the Universidad de La Frontera. We use the first two levels of the Kirkpatrick's model, to evaluate the impact and motivation on students. The results reaffirm the idea that the use of different strategies in favor of the teaching and learning process is highly appreciated.