Conceptual definition of souvenir: authenticity in the object of remembrance
- Petit-Laurent Charpentier, Claudio Andres - Bargueno Gomez, Eugenio
- Datos de publicación:
- ARDIN-ARTE DISENO E INGENIERIA,Vol.,1-15,2019
- Souvenir - Authenticity - Tourist Objects - Cultural identity - Symbolic object
- Migración Web of Science 
- To define an object usually would leave referring to what we can do with that object, ie the utility we derive from it. But how can we define an object that is not one but many? How to describe the way if you have many ways? And especially how to talk about their role if taking many, it is one which makes him the object. The souvenir is an object that raises these questions because of its ambiguity, it is that the idea of authenticity is also a complex category of analysis in these objects. In the first pages we will raise a conceptual definition of memorabilia, from its status as symbolic objects, to try to organize from a categorization analysis about the idea of authenticity.