Construction of educational knowledge with the Mapuche community through dialogical-kishu kimkelay ta che research
- Del Pino Sepúlveda, Miguel - Ferrada, Donatila
- Datos de publicación:
- EDUCATIONAL ACTION RESEARCH,Vol.27,414-434,2019
- Mapuche community - education - interculturality - participative research
- Migración Web of Science 
- This paper reports the development of a Mapuche education programme in the context of indigenous demands and claims in relation to education, specifically the Bafkehce Mapuche community who live in the Araucania Region of Chile. The central objective defined was to systematise, jointly with the indigenous community, the components defined as educational knowledge in order to generate a Mapuche education. The study was approached using the dialogical-kishu kimkelay ta che methodology, developed jointly with a Maci (responsible for ceremonies), two Kimches (sages), a Gutancefe (bone-setter), Mapuche teachers, and undergraduate teaching students and academics. The results show epistemic and gnoseological categories which differ from the westernised Chilean categories of education, thus allowing a Mapuche education programme to be generated in order to establish a dialogue between educational knowledge in the indigenous context and in the Chilean western context.