Inclusive access to higher education in Chile: An analysis from the perspective of the social capital of vulnerable students
- Vivero Arriagada, Luis - Molina Chavez, Walter - Huenulao Arellano, Marcela
- Datos de publicación:
- INTERCAMBIOS-DILEMAS Y TRANSICIONES DE LA EDUCACION SUPERIOR,Vol.7,41-50,2020
- Access to education - social interaction - academic performance - social exclusion
- Migración Web of Science 
- The object of this work is to identify the different types of capital possessed by students of the 2019 cohort of Universidad Catolica de Temuco who entered the university via the inclusive access program. The principal theoretical references are the works of Pierre Bourdieu on developed social and cultural capital; and Paulo Freire's perspective of liberating popular education. The methodology used is a qualitative study with interpretative analysis of discourse. The results show that the students possess types of social and cultural capital which hinder their insertion in higher education and their social interaction, especially in a social-educational environment.