Identification of shock profile solutions for bidisperse suspensions
- Berres, Stefan - Castaneda, Pablo
- Datos de publicación:
- BULLETIN OF THE BRAZILIAN MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY,Vol.47,105-115,2016
- system of nonlinear conservation laws - bidisperse suspension - characteristic velocities - contact manifold - Hugoniot locus - Riemann problem
- Migración Web of Science 
- This contribution is a condensed version of an extended paper, where a contact manifold emerging in the interior of the phase space of a specific hyperbolic system of two nonlinear conservation laws is examined. The governing equations are modelling bidisperse suspensions, which consist of two types of small particles differing in size and viscosity that are dispersed in a viscous fluid. Based on the calculation of characteristic speeds, the elementary waves with the origin as left Riemann datum and a general right state in the phase space are classified. In particular, the dependence of the solution structure of this Riemann problem on the contact manifold is elaborated.