The discourse of the mapuche digital media Werken.cl about territory: a semiotic decolonial approach
- Del Valle Rojas, Juan Alfredo - Maldonado Rivera, Claudio
- Datos de publicación:
- CHASQUI-REVISTA LATINOAMERICANA DE COMUNICACION,Vol.,329-350,2016
- Mapuche digital media - territory - conlict - semiosis - decoloniality
- Migración Web of Science 
- This work looks for an understanding of the frames of significance in the informative discourses of the mapuche digital media Werken.cl about the topic of 'territory', regarding the situational context of the chilean-mapuche struggle. The semiotics that is produced on territory operates as an affirmative identitary system for the mapuche people and as a core element in the sovereignty mapuche reconstruction project. The results hold that the topic of territory is enrolled in a significance system that legitimates the processes of reivindication and territorial recovery as part of a political and identitary project of reconstruction of the mapuche country.