Social skills for the teaching performance in Chile: perceptions of teachers and principals
- Tapia Gutiérrez, Carmen - Cubo-Delgado, Sixto - Alevriadou, A
- Datos de publicación:
- 7TH WORLD CONFERENCE ON EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES,Vol.197,1069-1073,2015
- social skills - conversation - empathy - coexistence - teacher performance
- Migración Web of Science 
- The aim has been to explore the meaning of the concept 'social skills' from the perspective of principals and teachers that have a role in educational contexts. Using a descriptive design the technique of natural semantic networks was applied to a convenience sample of 81 subjects of the Araucania region-Chile. The results report that the definition of the concept is formed by: conversational skills, coexistence, empathy and solidarity. It is concluded that the identified skills benefit the generation of appropriate environments for learning and are transformed into a valuable resource to strengthen the training of students (C) 2015 Published by Elsevier Ltd.