SCHOOL SOCIAL CLIMATE IN STUDENTS OF LA ARAUCANIA REGION, CHILE
- Bravo-Sanzana, M. - Miranda-Zapata, E. - Huaiquian Billeke, Claudia - Miranda, H.
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF SPORT AND HEALTH RESEARCH,Vol.11,23-40,2019
- School Social Climate - Teachers' role - Physical Education Teaching - Welfare of the educational community - Continuing Teacher Training - Classroom management - School Participation - Discipline Administration - Social and Emotional Competencies
- Migración Web of Science 
- The objective of this study was to evaluate the perception of the School Social Climate of second-year highschool students in La Araucania, Chile. We worked with a representative sample of 2.352 students. The instrument to evaluate the School's Social Climate (CECSCE) was used. The confirmatory analysis showed that CECSCE has a unifactorial and bifactorial structure. The invariance analysis showed the stability of the scale for students of both genders and has adequate validity and reliability for its use in educational interventions. The results show that the students of La Araucania region perceive a moderate social climate. Likewise, those who belong to municipal schools perceive the most unfavorable social climates, especially in the type of Technical-Professional education and in rural areas. The role of teachers in general and, specifically, of Physical Education teachers, in their contribution to the improvement of school environments and stress levels in school is discussed.