Evaluation of the Prosociality Scale of Caprara, Steca, Zelli and Capanna in Chilean Undergraduat Students
- Mieres Chacaltana, Manuel - Salvo-Garrido, Sonia - Denegri-Coria, Marianela
- Datos de publicación:
- REVISTA IBEROAMERICANA DE DIAGNOSTICO Y EVALUACION-E AVALIACAO PSICOLOGICA,Vol.3,21-32,2020
- prosociality - psychometric properties - evaluation
- Migración Web of Science 
- This study's purpose was to evaluate the Adult Prosociality Scale of Caprara, Steca, Zelli, and Capanna (2005) applied to Chilean university students registered in programs leading to obtaining a bachelor's Degree in Education (N=860; M=20.72 years; SD=2.5). The process involved two phases. The first included turning the scale into Spanish according to the criteria of translation, re-translation, and equivalence of content with the original. The second one involved evaluating its internal consistency, reliability, factor structure, and convergent validity through an exploratory analysis of structural equations (ESEM). The results showed an outstanding one-dimensional level of the scale (general factor, ECV=.76, omega h=.864), an adequate level of reliability (general factor omega=.904) and ratified its adequacy to the subject under study with a proper level of adjustment (RMSEA=.034; CFI=.993; TLI=.983).