REASONS FOR THE ABSENCE OF PHYSICAL AND SPORTS PRACTICE IN ADOLESCENTS IN THE REGION OF ARAUCANIA, CHILE
- Fuentes-Vilugron, Gerardo - Lagos-Hernandez, Roberto
- Datos de publicación:
- PENSAR EN MOVIMIENTO-REVISTA DE CIENCIAS DEL EJERCICIO Y LA SALUD,Vol.18,,2020
- motivations - physical activity - sports activity - Chile
- Migración Web of Science 
- Physical activity (PA) is important to generate healthy lifestyles. However, the reasons why people do not maintain healthy PA habits are unknown. The objective of this study was to analyze the reasons why students ages 11 to 19 in the Araucania region, Chile do not practice physical-sports activities (PSA). A total of 175 participants answered a Questionnaire for the Analysis of Motivation and the Practice of Physical-Sports Activity. Out of the 57 students who do not practice PSA, 35 indicated that they stopped practicing physical activity firstly because of lack of time and secondly because of lack of interest. Regarding students who have never participated in PSA, 22 mentioned that the main reason for not practicing physical activity is that they do not like sports and show laziness and reluctance. In conclusion, teachers, monitors, or PA and health professionals must understand the processes faced by adolescents to use the adequate motivation and encourage AFD practice since adolescents' interests have changed drastically, distancing themselves from PA practices.