Physiological traits and Mn transporter genes expression in ryegrass genotypes under increasing Mn at short-term
- Reyes-Diaz, Marjorie - Inostroza Blancheteau, Claudio - Berrios, Graciela - Deppe, Mariana - Demanet, Rolando - Alberdi, Miren
- Datos de publicación:
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY,Vol.118,218-227,2017
- Antioxidant activity - Photosynthetic performance - Lolium perenne - NRAMP2-like - MTP8.1
- Migración Web of Science 
- We studied physiological traits and Mn transporter genes expression in ryegrass genotypes (One -50, Banquet -II, Halo-AR1 and Nui) under increasing Mn (2.4-750 M) at short-term (8-24 h) in nutrient solution. An increment in Mn concentration occurred early in roots of all genotypes at increased Mn doses relative to control. Banquet -II and Nui roots showed the greatest Mn concentration at the highest Mn supply. Net photosynthesis (Pn) of Banquet -II and Halo-AR1 were not perturbed by Mn doses, whereas One -50 and Nui, decayed strongly at the highest Mn dose, concomitant with reduced total chlorophyll concentration. A high accumulation of Mn in roots together the maintained Pn under increased Mn doses in Banquet -II and Halo-AR1 suggest a higher Mn resistance of these genotypes. Stomatal conductance (gs) of all genotypes did not vary in presence of Mn. In roots of Banquet -II an augment of lipid peroxidation (LP) by Mn excess was observed earlier decreasing afterwards, being attenuated by the augment of the radical scavenging activity (RSA) and total phenols (TP) of this genotype. Mn concentration and LP in tissues of One -50 and Nui genotypes rose together, may be due to its Mn sensitivity. Differential expression of Mn transporter genes were found in the studied genotypes grown under increasing supplies of Mn, being MTP8.1 expressed' in shoots and NRAMP2-like in roots, We concluded that Banquet -II showed greater Mn concentration associated to high roots NRAMP2-like gene expression, without changes in photosynthetic performance. Despite, this genotype showed an increase of LP at the first hours of Mn-excess, it was decreased by the RSA and TP. Halo-AR1 appears to be Mnresistant in the short-term due to its photosynthetic performance was unchanged by Mn-toxicity, whilst One -50 and Nui were Mn-sensitive. (C) 2017 'Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.