Assessment Coherence in Competency-Based University Education: A Study on Future Educators in Chile
- Morales Saavedra, Soledad - Zambrano Quezada, Heidi
- Datos de publicación:
- INFANCIAS IMAGENES,Vol.15,9-25,2016
- assessment - higher education - preschool education - early childhood training
- Migración Web of Science 
- Assessment processes, as instances of training quality assurance in higher education, have been the subject of diverse studies in a national and international level. However, in the case of childhood teacher training, precedents are scarce. In this context, this article is the result of a research with a qualitative approach, based on a case study, and the purpose of determining coherence in the assessment procedures in the early childhood training of teachers in a context of competency-based curriculum. The participants were five teachers and ten students of an early childhood career from an accredited Chilean university. The results show difficulties in the assessment practices in coherence with the assumed model and the learning that we seek to achieve, thus revealing the need for major studies on preschool teacher training and assessment during learning paths.