Ecosophy: towards an understanding of the wisdom of the earth from Raimon Panikkar's notion of the rhythm of being
- Sepulveda Pizarro, Jessica
- Datos de publicación:
- ILU-REVISTA DE CIENCIAS DE LAS RELIGIONES,Vol.23,263-278,2018
- ecosophy - Raimon Panikkar - rhythm of being - cosmoteandric intuition - wisdom - contemplative life - interindependence
- Migración Web of Science 
- This article presents important ideas in Raimon Panikkar's notion of ecosophy, thus entering more deeply into the wisdom of the oikos. The aim is to highlight the originality of our author's ecosophical proposal, fruit of a fertile intercultural and inter-religious dialogue (Hinduism, Christianity and Buddhism). Although the author did not develop systematically the notion of ecosophy, the ontology of his mature years, expressed in the notion of the rhythm of being, can bring us closer to a new understanding of this wisdom, manifested in a becoming in which the divine, the human and the cosmic each have a part. The article will show that Panikkar's notion of ecosophy sets us in the contemplative life and the wisdom of interindependence.