Teaching competencies for performing in school vulnerability contexts in Chile
- Turra Díaz, Omar - Valdebenito Zambrano, Vanessa - Torres Vásquez, Angélica - Alevriadou, A
- Datos de publicación:
- 7TH WORLD CONFERENCE ON EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES,Vol.197,1236-1241,2015
- Teacher training - pedagogy - school vulnerability
- Migración Web of Science 
- This paper presents the results of a study designed to determine how teachers working in vulnerable school situations evaluate their teacher training. The research was undertaken using an objective methodology, applying a Likert type of additive scale to a sample of teachers (n=30) in Chile's Araucania region. The results reveal a positive assessment of the traditional aspects of teacher training but a negative evaluation of key aspects of performing with vulnerable children, as well as working in rural situations and indigenous contexts. These data call into question the teacher profiles being built without consideration for the needs and contexts in which they will be performing. (C) 2015 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Ltd.