Chemical Composition of Essential Oil of the Aerial Parts of Lepechinia salviae (Lindl.) Epl. from Northern Chile
- Díaz Harris, Ramiro - Contreras, Angel - Leonelli Cantergiani, Gina - Tighe Neira, Ricardo - Cerda Barrera, Cristian - Pinones, Marlene - Venegas, Judith - Alfaro, Susana
- Datos de publicación:
- JOURNAL OF ESSENTIAL OIL BEARING PLANTS,Vol.22,871-876,2019
- Lepechinia salviae - white sage - Sphacele salviae
- Migración Web of Science 
- Lepechinia salviae (Lindl.) Epling is an endemic species from northern Chile, where it is important medicinal plant. Essential oil from the aerial parts of L. salviae was extracted using hydro-distillation and analyzed using Gas Chromatography linked to a MS detector and a FID detector. Total thirty-four components (99.3 %) were identified; oxygenated sesquiterpenes tau-cadinol (12.84 %), ledol (10.19 %), illudol (10.02 %) and delta-cadinol (8.52 %) were the main constituents found. This study contributes to the knowledge of L. salviae whose essential oil had not been studied yet.