School violence and school coexistence management: unresolved challenges
- Becerra Peña, Sandra - Munoz, Flavio - Riquelme Mella, Enrique - Bozkurt, T - Demirok, MS
- Datos de publicación:
- PROCEEDINGS OF 2ND GLOBAL CONFERENCE ON PSYCHOLOGY RESEARCHES (GCPR-2014),Vol.190,156-163,2015
- school violence - school coexistence management - healthy school environment - participation - school management
- Migración Web of Science 
- The study analyzes the key management actions for the prevention and reduction of school violence in educational centers belonging to the three types of administrative offices found in the Chilean school system. The methodology is quantitative with a descriptive cross-sectional design. The Questionnaire for School Environments of Non-violence (CENVI) was applied to a sample of 1410 students, 10-14 years of age. The results show a descriptive analysis that reveals the strengths and weaknesses of the management for the prevention of violence. Recommendations are given in the areas of training, peaceful co-existence and participation to promote a healthy learning environment in schools. (C) 2015 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Ltd.