An update of the distribution of Boeckella gracilis (Daday, 1902) (Crustacea, Copepoda) in the Araucania region (38 degrees S), Chile, and a null model for understanding its species associations in its habitat
- De los Ros Escalante, Patricio - Carreno Abarzua Eriko - Hauenstein Barra, Enrique - Vega, Marcela
- Datos de publicación:
- LATIN AMERICAN JOURNAL OF AQUATIC RESEARCH,Vol.38,507-513,2010
- Boeckella - zooplankton - null model - Patagonia - Chile
- Migración Web of Science 
- The crustacean zooplankton of Chilean inland waters are characterized by abundant calanoid copepods, mainly from the genus Boeckella. The present study aims to update the distribution of Boeckella gracilis in the inland waters of the Araucania region (38-39 degrees S) and to use null model analysis to understand the B. gracilis species associations. In the literature for Chile, this species is reported to be found in one northern lake and in three lakes of northern Patagonia. These findings are complemented by reports of this species for coastal and mountain ponds and mountain lakes of the Araucania region. These results agree with descriptions of this species for South American inland waters. The results of the null model analysis reveal factors regulating the species associations, whether comparing all the inhabitats or the guild structure, although some simulations show the opposite situation due to the presence of repeated species at many sites.