Performance measurement of a solution for the travelling salesman problem for routing through the incorporation of service time variability
- Lagos, Dafne - Mancilla, Rodrigo - Leal Mora, Paola - Fox, Franco
- Datos de publicación:
- INGENIERIA E INVESTIGACION,Vol.39,44-49,2019
- Traveling salesmen problem (TSP) - performance - discrete event simulation (DES) - service time
- Migración Web of Science 
- This work assessed the performance of a solution to the problem of assigning service squads, incorporating the variability of service times. The initial problem was modelled as a Travelling Salesman Problem (TSP), whose solution was obtained by the ant colony algorithm, showing the efficient route to be followed by the squad. Assessment of the performance of the solution by discrete event simulation (DES) included the travel time and added the service time. The TSP solution indicated that up to six customer visits could be carried out in an 8-hour working day. Validation by DES presented a stable behavior of the variance, regardless of the number of visit sites assigned along the route.